27th COA Symposium and BRAVO Business Awards
The premier Latin American business engagement and dialogue platform returns in person to Miami.
The 2022 Council of the Americas Symposium will convene an exclusive community of C-Level leaders shaping Latin America’s business agenda, including CEOs from multilatinas, entrepreneurs and co-founders of the new Latin American unicorns, Latin America corporate presidents of the leading global multinationals, and venture capitalists.
The symposium will feature a mix of programming, including BRAVO Dialogues, BRAVO Talks, and BRAVO Leadership Conversations.
Available content tracks for participants will feature the most relevant topics impacting Latin America’s business agenda, including:
- Business continuity and evolution in a world of economic and political disruptions
- Fueling LatAm’s tech ecosystem in challenging times
- Latin America’s talent imperative
- What’s next for Latin America’s ESG agenda
The BRAVO Business Awards celebrate 27 years of showcasing excellence and leadership, while bringing together the most forward-thinking leaders.
This year’s honorees represent how true leadership and passion are drivers of change, social impact, and business success, even as the world continues facing unprecedented challenges.
This year’s awards will be presented at a formal dinner at the terrace of the Perez Art Museum Miami (PAMM)
2022 BRAVO Business Awards Honorees
- BRAVO Social Impact Leader of the Year: Adriana Norena, Vice President, Spanish Speaking Latin America, Google
- BRAVO Visionary Investors of the Decade: Hernan Kazah and Nicolas Szekasy, Co-Founders & Managing Partners, Kaszek Ventures
- BRAVO Digital Transformation of the Year: Falabella, Omnichannel Ecosystem
- BRAVO Visionary CEO of the Year: Pierpaolo Barbieri, Founder and CEO, Ualá
9:00 – 9:10 a.m. Welcome Remarks
- Susan Segal, President & CEO, AS/COA
9:10 – 10:20 a.m. Latin America’s Business Outlook
9:10 – 9:55 a.m. BRAVO Dialogues: Business Continuity & Evolution in a World of Economic and Political Disruptions
- Gaston Bottazzini, CEO, Falabella
- Fernando Iraola, Global Co-Head of Large Corporates GTS, Head of Latin America Corporate Banking and Global Transaction Services, Bank of America
- Andrew H. Martin, President, Latin America Cluster, Pfizer Inc.
- Moderator: Andres Gluski, CEO, The AES Corporation & Chairman, AS/COA
9:55 – 10:20 a.m. BRAVO Leadership Conversation: Global Trends Driving Opportunities for Latin America
- Cristina Palmaka, President, SAP Latin America & Caribbean
- Moderator: Cecilia Tornaghi, Managing Editor, Americas Quarterly
10:20 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. The Road Ahead for Latin America’s Tech Ecosystem
10:20 – 11:00 a.m. BRAVO Dialogues: Fueling Latin America’s Tech Ecosystem in Times of Crisis
- Adolfo Babatz, Founder & CEO, Clip
- Hernan Kazah, Co-Founder & Managing Partner, Kaszek
- Brynne McNulty Rojas, Co-Founder & CEO, Habi
- Moderator: Francisco Aldaya, Senior Editor, Bloomberg Línea
11:00 – 11:20 a.m. Coffee & Networking Break
11:20 a.m. – 11:50 p.m. BRAVO Dialogues: What comes next in Latin America’s Fintech Revolution?
- Marlene Garayzar, Co-Founder & CGO, Stori Card
- Nicolas Szekasy, Co-Founder & Managing Partner, Kaszek
- Moderator: Jorge Becerra, Emeritus Senior Partner & Senior Advisor, BCG
11:50 a.m. – 1:20 p.m. Driving Latin America’s ESG Agenda
11:50 – 12:40 p.m. BRAVO Dialogues: The Private Sector: A Champion for Climate Action
- Amy Barnes, Head of Climate and Sustainability Strategy, Marsh
- Fernando Gonzalez, CEO, CEMEX
- Eric Loeb, Executive Vice President, Government Affairs, Salesforce
- Juan Carlos Mora, CEO, Bancolombia
- Moderator: Brian Burlingame, CEO, JeffreyGroup
12:40 – 1:20 p.m. BRAVO Dialogues: Leveraging Technology and Business for Social Impact
- Adriana Noreña, Vice President, Spanish Speaking Latin America, Google
- Eduardo della Maggiora, Founder and CEO of Betterfly
- Marcos Gunn, Senior Vice President, Chubb Group and Regional President, Latin America
- Moderator: Gabriela Frias, Anchor, CNN en Español
1:20 – 2:10 p.m. Lunch
- West Ballroom: BRAVO Leadership Conversation featuring Pierpaolo Barbieri, Founder & CEO, Ualá
- East Ballroom: Networking-Only Lunch
2:10 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. The Future of Work
2:10 – 3:00 p.m. BRAVO Dialogues: Latin America’s Talent Imperative
- Alejandro Anderlic, Director of Government Affairs and Public Policy for Latin America, Salesforce
- Nicolas Kaplun, Chief Business Officer, Globant
- Gina Marquez, Vice President of Strategy North America, Arch Staffing & Consulting
- Karim Mitre, Lead, Administration and Human Management & Development Division, Banco de Crédito del Perú
- Moderator: Pablo Claver, Managing Director & Partner, BCG
3:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Private Sector Alliances for Development
3:00 – 3:30 p.m. BRAVO Leadership Conversation: The Partnership for Central America – What Comes Next?
- Darren Ware, Senior Vice President, Government Engagement, Latin America, Mastercard
- Juan Pablo Mata, CEO, Apex/Grupo Mariposa
- Moderator: Enrique Bolaños, President, INCAE Business School